“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
“What good is it if someone claims to have faith but has no actions to prove it? ... Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food, and someone says, ‘Depart in peace, keep warm and fulfilled!’ without giving them what they need, what good does it do? Thus, faith by itself, unaccompanied by actions, is dead." -James 2:14-17
SOCIAL ACTION & ACTS OF LOVING-KINDNESS
We believe that matters of faith are intimately linked to matters of the world and that we have a unique obligation to pursue justice and loving-kindness. This mandate is not just a hip cultural fad but is deeply rooted in our tradition and sacred texts. The Torah makes clear that the pursuit of justice is holy work and a vital part of preparing the world for the coming of Messiah.
Stuff we do and support:
- Provide regular Shabbat and holiday services for a local retirement home.
- Visit the sick in hospitals, homes and recovery centers.
- SOVA - Collecting canned food and other non-perishable items for those in need.
- WALK TO END GENOCIDE - Annual walk to raise awareness and fight against genocide and mass atrocities.
- CHEVRA - Humanitarian aid and care for those in need, particularly Holocaust survivors, in Eastern Europe and Israel.
- ACTION KIVU - Investing in women, children and communities in the war-torn regions of Congo through vocational training, education and creating paths toward peace and prosperity.
- HANDS OF MERCY - Providing humanitarian aid to victims of terror, primarily in Israel.